Congratulations on making it this far. What you just accomplished is no small feat. You've just learned how to build a functioning SaaS application!
If this were an application that you were going to open to customers, there are a few more tasks you'd need to complete. That's the focus of this chapter; to get the application ready for subscribers. In it you'll learn to perform the following tasks.
- Improve page load performance by compressing static assets
- Deploy to a production Heroku instance
- Purchase and configure a domain name
- Purchase a SSL cert and configure it
- Configure error reporting
Follow these steps to reset your project to a known working version.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
# checkout the master (venv)$ git checkout master # checkout the baseline version for the current chapter (venv)$ git checkout step-14 # create a new branch from this version (venv)$ git checkout -b deploy_to_production