Congratulations on making it this far. This is the last chapter in which you build application functionality. In this lesson you'll verify that you build the edit and delete communication functionality correctly. If you did then the changes will be pushed to Heroku.
Verify on Local Computer
To verify the work on your local computer you need to start the dev web server.
1 2 3 4 5 6
# make sure you're at an activated terminal/cmd in the crmeasy dir (venv)$ pwd /<your_path>/crmeasy # start the development server (venv)$ python manage.py runserver
Edit a Communication
Follow these steps to see if the Edit Communication feature works:
- Open the Account List page
- Click on an account to open its detail page
- Locate the communications section. If a communication is listed there, click on the pen icon to edit it. If no communication is showing, click on the 'New Communication' link to add a communication; then click on the pen icon to edit it
Delete a Communication
Follow these steps to verify if the Delete Communication feature works:
- With the account detail page still open, click on the x icon
- When the confirmation page loads, click Confirm to delete the communication. You should get directed back to the account detail page
Verify on Heroku
If everything is working on your local computer you can deploy your changes to Heroku.
1 2 3 4 5
# push changes to Heroku (venv)$ git push -f heroku communications_part_2:master # open the Heroku app (venv)$ heroku open
Once the Heroku app opens, login if necessary, and follow the steps above to test if the edit and delete communication capability is working correctly.